Taking a step towards its vision being catalyst for realizing Nagpur – a Global city by 2020, NF organizes annual summit under the banner of Global Nagpur Summit. Its key objective is to facilitate a global partnering platform with Nagpur First ambassadors and summit participants across the world. This is a flagship 2-day summit held to bring together global and local Nagpuris and those interested to discuss strategies for city growth and investments. GNS is spread over 2 days covering the following:
• Full day “City Growth Conference” with deliberations on aspects of City Growth.
• Full day “Global Investor’s Conclave” with panel discussions, which connects the investor community and the local industry to discuss the challenges and opportunities in various sectors relevant to Nagpur.
• “Global Partnering” opportunities with B2B, B2G and G2G meeting with investor groups international organizations, embassies, trade associations, etc. NEW!
• A glittering evening of “Global Nagpur Awards” recognizing individuals and organizations taking Nagpur Global.
Highlights of GNS 2015
• With all the support of volunteers and donors, Global Nagpur Summit 2015 was planned on Nov 21 and 22, 2015 with focus on increasing international participation.
• The following were the key partners
o UK (via UK Trade and Investment) – Partner Country
o Sister Cities International, USA – Supporting Partner
o Nagpur Municipal Corporation – Host City Partner
o RTM Nagpur University – Host University Partner
• The following luminaries participated in the Summit:
o British Deputy High Commissioner
o Counsel General of Australia
o Counsel General of Sweden
o President of Sister Cities International
o Board member of the Greater Seattle Trade Development Alliance